If you want the Tutorial Scroll down, the story follows:
If you are like me you stream, but you don’t want streaming to take up a ton of room…so I thought why not have a green screen that rolls up to your ceiling and out of the way, all in a matter of seconds.
So after searching for anyone that may have done this before I came up empty, due to this I started some research and found the good fellows at sailrite they sell a lovely Roller Shade Clutch Kit. The price tag on this is right around $80 USD but considering the mess it is saving me I would of paid more, especially with the build quality (which is superb other than the Plastic sides and pull chain*).
- Get a piece of Neon Green Fleece at JoAnn’s Fabric for about $17 for 3 yards.
- Get the sailrite kit from here
The sailrite kit comes with a ton of different instructions most of which aren’t meant for green screens and thereby we get to ignore! However, the metal hinges which aren’t tall enough when you are using a thick material like fleece (so add some wooden spacers between them and your ceiling or wall to get 1/4 extra space).
- Put the fleece against the metal bar and remove the paper over the glue and adhere the fleece, you will also want to wrap around the fleece 1 time and then sew along so the weight of the fleece doesn’t solely rest on the adhesive strip.
- Sew a pocket at the bottom so that you can slide the wooden strip in the bottom.
- Now you just need to attach the pulley and the other roller side and hang the bad boy with some screws
*they are well made…just disappointed they were plastic